Thanks for visiting my Blog! Please tell me where you are from

I am curious to learn where the people who are reading my blog are from in the World. I don't know any way to find out except to ask, so I am. I have a Visitor's Poll on the left side. Please take a second to select the best answer. If I don't have your Country listed it is not intended as a Slight. I quickly realized I could not list every country, so I have continents listed. Feel free to drop me a comment or email as to which Country you reside in if it isn't in the list IN ADDITION to selecting the best answer in the poll. Thanks
SEARCH NOW:
by title by author

A Journey into forgetfulness

A Journey into forgetfulness

Have you ever had an experience where you knew …

The name of the person, it was on the tip of your tongue as they say, but ….it just eludes you, just stays slightly beyond your grasp.

Or you just had those car keys, sun glasses, …. but now what did you do with them? Where did you put them?

Now imagine …. that is your life. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year, that is your life.

You just can’t quite recall. It is something you should know but. …. It eludes you.

And day by day, week by week the things that slip just into the shadows of your mind where you can sort of glimpse them but can’t quite make out what they are grow and grow and slip further and farther away.

Alzheimer’s

This is what this blog is about. A Journey into forgetfulness. With this blog I will discuss our own experiences with Alzheimer's disease in the hopes it will help others with family or friends with this illness

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

TV: They are watching me

My father has reached the stage of Alzheimer's where he has difficulty between reality and non-reality. Today he is convinced that the events on TV are real. I don't mean depicting something real. He is convinced the people (actors and actresses) are talking and looking at him personally. He does not understand that it is a broadcast or a recording. To him, it is as if those people are sitting in the room with him. It frightens him. Confuses him.

No longer is television an entertainment, a refuge. It is a frightening thing.

No comments: